Sunday, April 1, 2012

Faith Promoting Experiences

Shortly the Jerome Branch was organized in 1923 there was a family who lived near us and the children  attended Primary altho they were not members of the L.D.S. Church.  One of the little girls Marjorie Shaw became very ill and was taken to the U.V. Hospital and the Dr. said she could not live until morning.  But one of the good sisters in the Branch asked the parents of the little girl if it would be alright if the Elders administered to her.  Of course they gave their consent and the Elders went to the Hospital and administered to her.  During this time Sister Asenith Norton who was Primary President and I called our little group of children to my home and we each knelt down and each of us asked a prayer to our Father in Heaven to make our little friend well if it was His will.  We felt that our prayers were heard and the next morning the father of the little girl came to tell us that she was better and the Drs. said she would soon be able to come home.  This little girl grew to womanhood, married and had a little girl of her own.

When our youngest boy, Roger, was one year old he had a very severe case of pneumonia.  We took him to the hospital and for a week he just held his own until one evening I was holding him in my arms and I looked down at him and for a minute I thought he was dead.  I called the nurse and asked her to call my Sister-in-law.  But the nurse said "Let me hold the baby and you call."  So I called Maggie and told her to send Milt and Ernest to the hospital.  In a few minutes they were there and they administered to the baby who had came so near death.  The nurse told me to go to bed and she would sit by the baby awhile so I dropped off to sleep and didn't awake until about 4 hours later.  The nurse told me that our baby had passed the crisis and would get well.  I knew it was thru the power of the Priesthood that he was healed.

Several times I have had special blessings given to me by the Elders and I know they had the power to cast the illness from my body.  I especially remember one time when I had a terrible pain in my side and I went to M.I.A. and felt too bad to take part in the lesson.  Pres. Hanks asked what was the matter and when I told him I asked him if he would give me a blessing which he did and in a few minutes that terrible pain was gone and it did not return.

In 1957 I went to the home of Sister Eudora Patterson and I was ironing for her while she went to Prescott.  Suddenly there was a sharp pain under my ribs and it hurt so badly I had to stop ironing and lie down. I called Eutha Phillips and asked her to see if she could get the Elders to come and administer to me.  Brother Patterson came home and he called Gene Phillips and they administered to me and in a little while I was able to finish my ironing,

2 comments:

Crystal Price said...

My dad (Jerry Ray) and I have been going through some of Grandma Ray's old papers and we found this gem. This is just the tip of the iceberg! There is so many good stories to add here. More to come! :)

Unknown said...

Crystal on the first photo of Ray kids below left.... It has Rosie, Dean, Phil, Tiny, Buddy in the middle..... Should have Rosie (Gene) Pauline ECT.