Wednesday, June 16, 2010


I borrowed this picture, and the comments from our MyFamily.com website. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Crystal Price said...

I vaguely remember something about this drawing: I believe that it was done by soneone named "Burt Blinn" as shown. Susie, where did you get it? I don't believe that was a drawing of my Mother, Myrtle "Cora" Ray, as indicated, but of someone else. Please shed some light on this for me! Love from
Uncle Roger P.S. No, Myrtle DID NOT have another name, however she took this name UNTO HER SELF, much like a "Pen name". I remember many times seeing Mom sign her name as "Myrtle C. Ray" I believe that it was a name that Mom WANTED to add as a part of her name!
Uncle Roger

Crystal Price said...

Here's yet another thought for all the family! Both the drawing of "Myrtle Cora Ray", and the "Poem/song" of "Down a Sunny River", I believe were done during my own teen-aged years (Around 1949-1950, I guess). Thus they were NOT during Mom & Dad's "Courting" days, but after all eleven of their children had been born! Still, I am very thankful for your sharing them with the family! With MUCH MORE LOVE!
from
Uncle Roger

Crystal Price said...

More thoughts on the drawing: Did you read the DATE on the drawing? I believe it says "1/7/54". The artist, Burt Blinn owned a service station in Cottonwood at about that time. I would have been about 20 years of age - and at that time, was in the Army, stationed in Germany. I guess that throws the date off a bit!
I asked Uncle Don about "Burt Blinn", and he told me that Mr. Blinn owned the station in Cottonwood (where Mom and Dad bought all their gas, probably)!
Love,
Uncle Roger (5/15/01)